Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TedJohnson
Visitor

Page Numbers

I am building a channel based on the videoplayer example. We currently have over 400 streaming videos, and I don't want to have to list all 400 of them in my XML file every time someone makes a request. What I'd like is a paged display where I show 20 on page 1, the next 20 on page 2, etc. Does anyone know how to do this? There's a comment in the videoplayer XML file that says something about paged feeds, but it seems like that line of XML is simply ignored in the example code. Any help would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Page Numbers

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=35863&p=231830&hilit=limit#p232072

That's the only post I found on this. But there may be more.
0 Kudos
TedJohnson
Visitor

My problem isn't in making the XML file, it's in figuring out how to translate this into something on the Roku screen. For example, is there an easy way to display page numbers on the screen so the Roku user can click page 1, page2, etc? Or display "See More" and have it grab the next chunk after the user scrolls to the end?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

There is no built in paging functionality. You'll need to code it. Here's a thread discussing ways to do it: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32253
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos