Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging Utility giving error "invalid password"

I am trying to package my application but packaging utility is continuously giving error "invalid password". I have created many versions of my application with same password. I have also tried to rekey my device by generating a new dev key and then rekeying back to original with an older package file. Rekeying utility and Inspect utility are accepting same password and working fine but not the packaging utility. What can be the issue here?
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Packaging Utility giving error "invalid password"

Sounds as it may be firmware dependent, drop some info on player model#, firmware#, last system update date?
0 Kudos

"EnTerr" wrote:
Sounds as it may be firmware dependent, drop some info on player model#, firmware#, last system update date?

Thanks, Here is the info:

Model: 3050X - Roku 2XD
Last updated at: Apr 7
Software Version: version 6.2 build 3321
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Try resetting the device to factory defaults, relinking it and then enabling developer mode again.

- Joel
0 Kudos
Beacon333
Visitor

I am having the same problem and did the reset and still getting the same error message.

Same firmware roku 2
Beacon Three 33 Networks
BeaconThree33.com | Beacon333tv.com
ROKU: BEACON333
A Division of G&F Productions, Inc.
0 Kudos
Beacon333
Visitor

Also on my Roku 3 having the same issue after placing it in developer mode. I have to get this working ASAP!!!

Wondering could this be a firmware issue and should I get my other Player out of storage and try it?
Beacon Three 33 Networks
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Have you re-keyed your box? You'll definitely need to do that if your using a different device than the one you used to package the channel originally, or if you've generated a new key anytime since then.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Beacon333
Visitor

I did rekey my box and I switch to another box and still get the message. I am scratching my head and about to pull out a box that was not being used during the last firmware update hoping it does not update when I set it up. If I can prevent my 3rd box from updating I should be ok.
Beacon Three 33 Networks
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"Beacon333" wrote:
I did rekey my box and I switch to another box and still get the message. I am scratching my head and about to pull out a box that was not being used during the last firmware update hoping it does not update when I set it up. If I can prevent my 3rd box from updating I should be ok.

When you say "re-keyed" do you mean you generated a new key with genkey, and then the new password is not accepted? Or do you mean you re-keyed from an old pkg file and password? Because obviously that wouldn't be successful if it did not accept your password. There are a lot of folks here with that Roku model and that firmware so I'm reluctant to believe the firmware is the issue. And good luck preventing the box from updating, you'd have to unplug it every time you stopped using it, and if you forget once - Well you've probably seen "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers".

As a personal note, this happened to me recently And i just couldn't figure out what the problem was - I tried to re-key the box and it worked fine with other pkg/password combinations but not the one I needed it too. Eventually It turned out I was using the wrong password. I store them as the title of a file in the project directory so I can easily copy and paste when i need it - and i just got mixed up. I've made a bunch of screensavers and they all have to have different dev keys ( Thanks Roku!) and so it was human error. Not saying that this is your problem but as Sherlock might say - "The balance of probability...."
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

"squirreltown" wrote:

And good luck preventing the box from updating, you'd have to unplug it every time you stopped using it...

That won't work either. Checking for and installing updates is part of the boot process. I does it every time the device is powered up.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos