Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFactsBrad
Visitor

Packaging Utility Password

On page 9 of the ChannelPackagingandPublishing.pdf file, it says

Click on the “Packager” link at the top of the page. This screen allows you to enter an app name/version string to embed in your package and the password to allow access to the keys on the device.

In the Application Packager screen, what password is it talking about? The only one I know of is the username and password I gave it to get started. That one gives me an Invalid Password. If there is another, how do i reset it?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Mister_DNA
Visitor

Re: Packaging Utility Password

Look on page 8, under "Genkey" - you'll need a Telnet app.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. - George Orwell
0 Kudos
AFactsBrad
Visitor

Thanks Mister DNA...
well, it turns out that I couldnt see my password.. it was off the window. too much buffer in the console
0 Kudos
destruk
Streaming Star

You can right click a console window, left click select all, and press enter to copy everything in it to the clipboard, and then paste it all into notepad.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.