Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steventagle
Visitor

Ooyala feed expiration

How do you work around the 10min expiration time for Ooyala feeds?

Is it best to have one Roku feed with all films? We tried one feed at first, but it took too long to load and parse the feed, so we divided it into 4 feeds based on the length of the content. What are the best practices here?

Thx,
Steven
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Re: Ooyala feed expiration

The work around is to talk to Ooyala support and have them boost the expiration time for the feed to something like a year. They will do this for you, assuming you are the owner on the account, if not, contact the account owner. Also, if you can figure out the Ooyala API authentication process (SHA256 signatures, let me know if you do!) you can deal with it on the Roku side, but you will have to keep refreshing the feeds every 10 minutes....

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
steventagle
Visitor

We've talked to our ooyala account manager, and he said that they can change the expiration on some feeds, like iphone, but not for the roku feed...
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

I"ve had it done before for another client, and it was the Roku feed. I'm pm'ing you with the name of the Ooyala engineer who set this up for me. The project itself was under NDA so I can't talk to you about who or what the project was, and I would appreciate if you don't ask the engineer about that.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos