Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrym
Visitor

Packager (no dev key)

Hello,

I upgraded to roku3 - ran genkey ( a couple times ) and have teh devid and password but when I log into the roku device to package my application it says:

Packager (no dev key)

I have been through the forum and seen others with the same issue but nothing seems to clear my issue. I rebooted the roku and disabled dev mode and re-enabled dev mode.

What am I missing?
Thanks,
Harry
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
BradC
Channel Surfer

Re: Packager (no dev key)

stupid question, but you aren't accidentally telnetting into your old roku's IP address when you run genkey? Try unplugging the old one before running genkey?

If it's helpful at all, I was able to run genkey on my roku 3 without problem and it seems to work fine.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
harrym
Visitor

Re: Packager (no dev key)

Thanks for the response Brad. No I unplugged the old roku. Actually after a couple more cycles of genkey the page showed up with the dev id.

We can close this question.

thanks,
Harry
0 Kudos