Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: [Open Source] Lode Runner Remake for Roku

I was using the private channel - can't tell if it's newer version or not (maybe add a version number on the credits page or somewhere).

Good idea to have << >> dig left/right in vertical mode (that's what Candy Bear does IIRC)
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Just released beta v0.9 and updated the private channel.

https://github.com/lvcabral/Lode-Runner-Roku/releases/
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Looking good, I like the improvements so far! Love the ability to continue the game after switching Graphics or even exiting the channel altogether, brilliant! (maybe this was in last version but I didn't notice).

High scores, cool! Except I think maybe it should be a separate high score list per game speed and per version of the game, making 15 different high score lists! Otherwise one might perversely be incentivized to play on slowest speed.
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"Komag" wrote:
Looking good, I like the improvements so far! Love the ability to continue the game after switching Graphics or even exiting the channel altogether, brilliant! (maybe this was in last version but I didn't notice).

High scores, cool! Except I think maybe it should be a separate high score list per game speed and per version of the game, making 15 different high score lists! Otherwise one might perversely be incentivized to play on slowest speed.

- The save option is new and the high score, these are the main features of this v0.9 release
- The High Scores are already separated by "version", it changes the title of the screen and the list of records. I don't think I will implement by speed, the velocity of the guards are relative to the runner's speed.

Thanks for the feedback!
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Yesterday I found a crash issue that happens in levels that the guards can reach the highest block level, I have a fix, will update later tonight when I'm back at home.

PS. I found also the reason Komag reported that the game slows down after the last gold is collected, will have a fix for that too
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

I understand that guard speed adjust with player speed, but I mean that playing on slowest speed will be like "slow motion", making the game easier.
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"Komag" wrote:
I understand that guard speed adjust with player speed, but I mean that playing on slowest speed will be like "slow motion", making the game easier.

I understand, but it will be too complex to save highscore for each speed, the user needs to manage that at home 🙂
BTW I just updated the private channel with the bug fixes (performance and crash) and a small change, the version images on menu is now dynamic, based on the graphics selection.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

That's brilliant, love it! Slowdown seems fixed, nice
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Updated the private channel with some of the suggestions made by Komag. 

v0.12 - 03-Oct-2016 - Test Custom Level inside Editor
* Add: Allow test level inside the editor #34
* Change: Game remote key does not repeat on level editor #35
* Fix: Level editor has poor performance on low end devices #33
* Fix: The image thumbnails are painting the hidden ladders #36
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Huzzah, nice improvements! Level editor is now much more user friend, especially the fast repeating from holding a direction to quickly lay rows of brick or tall ladders. Quick test of level is very good.

On my Streaming Stick, when player falls and grabs a gold that was floating in mid air, I don't hear anything for the gold, but the fall sound is cut off and then restarts. Are you programming it to use two audio channels? All Rokus now support two audio channels, so it would probably be good to swap the audio channel after each sound effect so we can have overlapping sounds. Maybe you already tried and it caused a problem for some reason?
0 Kudos