Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWinthrop
Visitor

One-Time Purchase Coding?

So I have my new channel ready, all the code has been triple checked, images are superbly done, content is hosted on a fast server. All ready to roll out!

BUT, I want my channel to be a pay channel (one-time purchase price of $2.99). Do I need to add code to the channel for that, or is it handled by the Roku Billing Program?

I know for subscription channels I need to add code, but this won't be subscription.

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: One-Time Purchase Coding?

You don't need to change any code. You just need to select the purchase price when you publish the channel.

--Mark
0 Kudos
CWinthrop
Visitor

\o/ Yay!
0 Kudos
CWinthrop
Visitor

One other small question... Say for whatever reason I wanted to give out a "free pass" to a Roku user for may paid channel. How would I go about doing that?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"CWinthrop" wrote:
One other small question... Say for whatever reason I wanted to give out a "free pass" to a Roku user for may paid channel. How would I go about doing that?

You can add them the your test users for that channel via the Manage Test Users link on the developer site.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos