Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbonet-entercom
Binge Watcher

New Developer - Force Update to 9.3?

I'm new to Roku development and I've inherited our company's app. I've been notified that the app crashes on 9.3, but I have 9.2 and I don't know how to force an update so I can debug the issue. I was advised to join the beta program and I've added my device (platform) but I don't see a way to force the update. Can anyone give me advice on how to do this? Thanks - Brent

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
bbonet-entercom
Binge Watcher

Re: New Developer - Force Update to 9.3?

Resolved: My contact at customer success messaged me for my device id so that I can update. 

0 Kudos
actnc
Channel Surfer

I have the new TCL Roku TV with QLED which I purchased in late Oct 2020. I have yet to see V9.3 update. It does auto updates daily. Is there a way to force the 9.3 update?

0 Kudos
Bode
Reel Rookie

Yes, you can force the update by going to settings, remotes and devices, set up new device, or setup speaker. It will ask you to hit ok,then check for update. Then, it will show you the 9.3 update to confirm and update. 

0 Kudos
Bode
Reel Rookie

But, I want to say that after I updated to 9.3. I am having more problems with my tv audio. I have a tcl 65q825. If you figure out how to resolve the audio drops, buffering, and occasional freez from especially Netflix, please let me know

thanks

0 Kudos