Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priya_sp
Visitor

Need a help

i want to develop a screen same like ro-listscreen.since i want to customize the entire ro-listscreen.So,i decided to develop from the scratch.Can anyone help me 
which one is right to develop 
1.Ro-image canvas or
2.Ro-Listscreen

Requirement:
Same like ro-listscreen UI - Keys handle ,list in lefthand and content in right hand

Eagerly waiting for someone's help..Please help me out
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Need a help

This is continuation of viewtopic.php?f=34&t=97430

I don't see the wisdom of re-inventing roListScreen if it already does most or all of what you need. But if you must, sounds roImageCanvas would do for you by drawing the text, rectangles and images you need.
0 Kudos
priya_sp
Visitor

for example

in left hand side, we have a list of items rite,
can i use setlayer function to loop through the list of items ?is it right way to do this??
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Sure. There is no other way to do it, so it can't be the wrong way 🙂
Probably best each item to be its own layer for easier update after select/deselect. Who gets which zOrder does not matter when items don't overlap.
0 Kudos
priya_sp
Visitor

thanks..
another doubt
how to give the background color for each  item in leftside like in ro-listscreen?
however my text size,it should properly fix into backgroundcolor.

0 Kudos
priya_sp
Visitor

we are providing x,y,w and h values for setting the layer.does it fix in all screens(larger tv or smaller tv)

does the width varies to screen size?

please reply
0 Kudos
priya_sp
Visitor

anyone reply plz
0 Kudos