Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterjtracey
Visitor

Mysterious error in roSpringboardScreen

I set up a content associative array and pass it to the springboardscreen object doing:
screen.SetContent(show)
on this line I get an error (warning? doesn't pull up the debugger...) "BRIGHTSCRIPT: ERROR: roSpringboardScreen.SetContent: Failed to box a bsTVAL.: pkg:/source/appChannel.brs(166)"

The screen comes up with no image, title, etc. I googled the error message but get no results of any use. Doesn't seem like anyone else is getting this error so I have no idea what's going on with my code. 

Can anybody help me?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Mysterious error in roSpringboardScreen

Posting the actual code might help.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"peterjtracey" wrote:
I set up a content associative array and pass it to the springboardscreen object doing:
screen.SetContent(show)
on this line I get an error (warning? doesn't pull up the debugger...) "BRIGHTSCRIPT: ERROR: roSpringboardScreen.SetContent: Failed to box a bsTVAL.: pkg:/source/appChannel.brs(166)"

I suggest you inspect all of the value types in the 'show' associative array values carefully.
It seems like there is something that is not an expected value type (string, integer, etc.) ... perhaps a component object value got included unintentionally?
0 Kudos
peterjtracey
Visitor

...I commented everything but title out and title showed, so I started uncommenting things and the error starts occuring when I uncomment the lines:
												   bitrates  = [0]    
   qualities = ["SD"]
   urls = [streamUrl]
streamformat = "hls"

show.StreamBitrates = bitrates
   show.StreamUrls = urls
   show.StreamQualities = qualities
   show.StreamFormat = streamformat
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Ha, this is odd. Why would it fail boxing any of these values?! 
Try "print formatJSON(show)" just before doing setContent() while with the problematic values. Anything fun?
0 Kudos
peterjtracey
Visitor

Thanks everyone I figured it out. I had an error in my code that caused an uninitialized variable to get put in the array.
0 Kudos