Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonel
Reel Rookie

My developer payout has not been received

Message: I'm a developer and I usually get pay from Roku on the 26th of the month but this month I did not get pay I wrote to Roku partners I got no response, Roku doesn't answer any calls, they don't reply to emails, there use to be a chat they got rid of it.
in this hard time, I'm self-employed this is the worst Roku could do to me, there should be a line where developers can contact Roku for issues like that especially when Roku is doing billing for us

I can’t understand what’s going on here I’m in the middle of a pandemic Roku kept my payout refuses to pay me. I wrote Roku more than 17 times and still, they are ignoring me. I’m getting tired of this it’s not like Roku doesn’t know what’s going on. I need to get paid that’s all I’m asking why is this needs to be so complicated than it already is. This my 18th email and my last

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: My developer payout has not been received

Calm down. It's variable. If you get to the second week of the month after, then worry.

Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
Bonel
Reel Rookie

@squirreltown wrote:

Calm down. It's variable. If you get to the second week of the month after, then worry.

Actually when I contacted Roku a rep name Amanda told me when they look on record they saw the payment went out to my PayPal, when I check my PayPal it was not there, I took a screenshot and send to them, she replied that I need to check With PayPal for support , so I did and PayPal said Roku did not send any money. Paypal sent a letter stated that Roku did not send any money, I forwarded the letter to Roku they never reply back. 
The problem is not that I’m not patient I’ve been waiting since May 26 today is June 17 
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Well, I'm sorry. It's certainly a problem. 

Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

I had the same problem with them.  4 months of emails to Roku Billing either went unanswered  or I got cookie cutter replies with no solution.    I ended up asking my l@wyer (why does Roku ban the actual term?Fishy....) to take care of it and I had my money within a few weeks.

I'm not sure why Roku is so amateur when it comes to paying out developers.    It sure makes it hard to recommend them as a platform if they can't pay their bills on time.

Anyhow, keep emailing them, I'm sure sooner or later they will get sick of hearing from you and do something about it.

Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
Bonel
Reel Rookie

@rovidx_media wrote:

I had the same problem with them.  4 months of emails to Roku Billing either went unanswered  or I got cookie cutter replies with no solution.    I ended up asking my l@wyer (why does Roku ban the actual term?Fishy....) to take care of it and I had my money within a few weeks.

I'm not sure why Roku is so amateur when it comes to paying out developers.    It sure makes it hard to recommend them as a platform if they can't pay their bills on time.

Anyhow, keep emailing them, I'm sure sooner or later they will get sick of hearing from you and do something about it.

I think I will do my own billing from now on.

paypal asked them to send a transaction ID so that they can investigate because Roku claims the Payment went through but Paypal still couldn’t receive it.

0 Kudos