Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaffinatedCoder
Reel Rookie

My channel poster does not appear, even after re-uploading it within specified bounds.

Dear Roku,

My channel "The Salty Cracker" has an issue where the channel poster does not appear. This has been happening since I first published it on 6/9/2020. I also noticed that after publishing it a second time on 6/14/2020 the icon still is not fixed, it was also set back to 18+ (see below). I have the icon within the bounds and sized as specified at the Roku developer channel store graphics specifications, is there anything else I can do to make it appear?

Is there some form of confusion between the Urban Dictionary definition of a "Salty Cracker" and the content creator named "The Salty Cracker"? The two are completely different and entirely unrelated. If I changed the name of the channel to "Salty Channel" instead of "The Salty Cracker" would that help?

Looking forward to your input.

Thanks,

CaffinatedCoder

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/591258/the-salty-cracker

PS: Your contact form is entirely broken in the brave browser, which is concerning as it's chromium-based. Does this mean it's broken in Google Chrome too?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My channel poster does not appear, even after re-uploading it within specified bounds.

Does it appear properly when you Manage My Channels?  Changing the name of the channel won't make a difference.

The Roku web team has always been horrible at best.  I swear at them every time I have to use the developer dashboard.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Katalin
Reel Rookie

Re: My channel poster does not appear, even after re-uploading it within specified bounds.

Ha!. I thought you did that intentionally. (A featureless tile is the height of minimalism and very salty). I love The Salty Cracker Channel.  Please keep up the good work and adding more content. Wish more content creators would post to Roku.

RokuPam
Streaming Star

Hi @CaffinatedCoder,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with seeing your channel poster image in the Channel Store. I'd be happy to see if I can resolve this issue on the backend. Do you feel comfortable replying with your channel poster image here so I can attempt saving on my end?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KDStout
Reel Rookie

I am sorry to see that your poster isn't working too well.  I just checked it out on my Roku, and your poster does flash your cute cartoon cracker and then it is gone.  I wonder if the size of the "poster" could be too small or too big...  I could be wrong...  It is just a thought.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Jenk7138

Love Salty and I love having the app since its hard to know whether he's on YouTube or not lol. Thanks for all your hard work @caffenatedcoder

@CaffinatedCoder 

0 Kudos