Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rashmikapil2
Binge Watcher

Not able to integrate Dynamic Keyboard in my Roku channel

Hello Team,

Greetings of the day !!

I am trying to integrate Dynamic Keyboard for voice features in my Roku channel. This is the new requirement of Roku -  "Roku voice keyboards for email and PIN entry. Roku voice keyboards must be used for email and PIN entry."

Now the problem is that the git repository found on the Roku docs doesn't work properly. When I am trying to run the sample channel for Dynamic Keyboard downloaded from - https://github.com/rokudev/dynamic-voice-enabled-keyboards

I am getting the below errors:

*** ERROR: Missing or invalid PHY: '/RokuOS/Keyboards/KeyboardKDF.json'

Secondly, as soon as I press the mike key on the remote, I am being kicked out of the application.

I am using the latest Roku device - Roku Ultra for testing. I am stuck with it and I really want you guys to help me with this. 

Can you please provide me a working sample or any tutorial other than given in the Roku public GitHub repository to integrate Voice Keyboard? I want some concrete steps to follow to integrate Dynamic Keyboard. 

Looking forward to your earliest response.  
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not able to integrate Dynamic Keyboard in my Roku channel

Where are you located?  I don't believe it's available everywhere, but I can't find where I read that now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rashmikapil2
Binge Watcher

I am in India.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I'm pretty sure voice control isn't available in India.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rashmikapil2
Binge Watcher

Yeah, I got to know it. It's working fo a US account.

0 Kudos
eoherrer
Reel Rookie

Hello! I am having the same issue. The git repository found on the site doesn't even show the voice icon for me on the screen or the proper functionality of it: https://github.com/rokudev/dynamic-voice-enabled-keyboards Somebody knows about a good example I can follow up to accomplish this requirement? (Trying the build with a Roku Stick + and Roku Express 4K) I made sure that the Roku has enabled the voice option too. Do you think this is related with the location of the account too? 

0 Kudos
juanesLP
Reel Rookie

Hi @eoherrer, I'm having the same issue, can't see the microphone icon, I'm trying on a Roku Express+ and a Roku Ultra but no luck.
I'm in Colombia but using a US account and a US VPN.
This is another related discussion opened by @rashmikapil2:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/Dynamic-Keyboard-isn-t-working/m-p/774868#M5021...

0 Kudos