Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaffinatedCoder
Level 7

My channel poster does not appear, even after re-uploading it within specified bounds.

Dear Roku,

My channel "The Salty Cracker" has an issue where the channel poster does not appear. This has been happening since I first published it on 6/9/2020. I also noticed that after publishing it a second time on 6/14/2020 the icon still is not fixed, it was also set back to 18+ (see below). I have the icon within the bounds and sized as specified at the Roku developer channel store graphics specifications, is there anything else I can do to make it appear?

Is there some form of confusion between the Urban Dictionary definition of a "Salty Cracker" and the content creator named "The Salty Cracker"? The two are completely different and entirely unrelated. If I changed the name of the channel to "Salty Channel" instead of "The Salty Cracker" would that help?

Looking forward to your input.

Thanks,

CaffinatedCoder

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/591258/the-salty-cracker

PS: Your contact form is entirely broken in the brave browser, which is concerning as it's chromium-based. Does this mean it's broken in Google Chrome too?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: My channel poster does not appear, even after re-uploading it within specified bounds.

Does it appear properly when you Manage My Channels?  Changing the name of the channel won't make a difference.

The Roku web team has always been horrible at best.  I swear at them every time I have to use the developer dashboard.

0 Kudos
Katalin
Level 8

Re: My channel poster does not appear, even after re-uploading it within specified bounds.

Ha!. I thought you did that intentionally. (A featureless tile is the height of minimalism and very salty). I love The Salty Cracker Channel.  Please keep up the good work and adding more content. Wish more content creators would post to Roku.

RokuPam
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @CaffinatedCoder,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with seeing your channel poster image in the Channel Store. I'd be happy to see if I can resolve this issue on the backend. Do you feel comfortable replying with your channel poster image here so I can attempt saving on my end?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KDStout
Level 8

I am sorry to see that your poster isn't working too well.  I just checked it out on my Roku, and your poster does flash your cute cartoon cracker and then it is gone.  I wonder if the size of the "poster" could be too small or too big...  I could be wrong...  It is just a thought.

0 Kudos