Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

I am having some issues with my setup.

I currently have 2 Roku devices (one SD, one HD), and a Dockstar server running MyMedia.

Both Rokus are connected wirelessly, while the Dockstar is wired.

One Roku is able to stream MyMedia content without any issue, but the other suffers from constant rebuffering issues.

The file types they are trying to play are the same: 23.967 frame rate, 624x352 resolution, converted with HandBrake's default preset.

Wireless signal does not appear to be the issue, but I am still investigating that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That's strange. You shouldn't be getting any rebuffering issues playing from your local network. Is it possible to try a wired connection to rule out any wireless issues?

For what it's worth, I've had the most success using a frame rate of 29.97 and I've started to use that frame rate exclusively, even if the source material is 23.976. It shouldn't matter, but you might want to try to convert one of your videos using 29.97 as the frame rate to see if it makes any difference.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to work out a wired connection, but certain barriers currently exist which make that difficult.

I will try re-encoding at 29.97.

Thanks!
0 Kudos

I originally encoded video to 29.97 fps, but found everything became jittery.

All my videos I have encoded at 23.97 fps work perfectly with smooth motion.

If you are using Handbrake, just use "Same as Source" for your FPS option.
0 Kudos
renojim

That's weird. I've had exactly the opposite experience. I've also had audio/video sync issues using the source frame rate. I guess there is no one setting that works every time, but I've had the greatest success with 29.97.

-JT

0 Kudos
dgrace
Roku Guru

Long time since I've checked in, mainly because all is working very well for me now. There hasn't been a posting here for about a week, and I'm wondering if mymedia is falling by the wayside or just, as with me, working fine? Is development ongoing? Maybe the changes in the Roku (new models and new firmware) has folks sidetracked, but I was hoping to log in and see new features coming or available.
Thanks again for those who put so much time into this, as far as I know there's nothing better.
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
renojim

I wouldn't say it's fallen by the wayside, but as you said it's pretty much working fine and long ago exceeded my requirements. It is by far my most used channel.

If you missed it, I put out a v2.0 beta a couple of months ago. I still need to finalize a few things and push it out to everyone with the private channel installed; I've just been pretty lazy lately.

If you have any suggestions for features or changes, just let me know.

-JT

0 Kudos
jakobkraft
Visitor

Just started using this and am pretty pleased. Only thing is is there a way to get it to stop automatically repeating a track? I basically just use it for music, and whenever I choose a single track, it just keeps repeating that one track. Are there any playback control options anywhere that I could config? Don't remember seeing any when I was setting it up...

Thanks!
0 Kudos
canaws
Binge Watcher

"jakobkraft" wrote:
Just started using this and am pretty pleased. Only thing is is there a way to get it to stop automatically repeating a track? I basically just use it for music, and whenever I choose a single track, it just keeps repeating that one track. Are there any playback control options anywhere that I could config? Don't remember seeing any when I was setting it up...

Thanks!

Is the track in it's own folder? For me, once the track I picked is over it moves on to the rest of the tracks in the same folder. The whole folder continuously repeats. I think it's set up that way so you can play a whole album without having to manually choose each track. That also means, of course, if your tracks are in their own folders (singles) then it would just repeat the track.
0 Kudos
jakobkraft
Visitor

Ok - that explains it. I have a lot of single tracks in their own folder.

Also -- any possibility of .MTS suport for videos? Would love to use this to browse my camcorder files but it only seems to detect mp4s... Is there a way of manually adding file formats? Thanks in advance!!
0 Kudos