update -- Sorry, you were right again. Wrong path (minor error). Now my photos and music folders appear, and filled with my stuff!
Thanks for helping a newbie, non-developer limp my way through this. Great channel application!
I've been fighting with trying to install this for the past 6 hours, and no luck so far. I'm using Windows7.
1. I've added MyMedia as a channel to my Roku.
2. I've gone to http://rokumm.appspot.com/ and submitted the 4 letter code given to me by the Roku.
3. I've downloaded & installed python-2.6.6 into C:\Python26
4. I've downloaded & installed PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.6
5. I've downloaded & unzipped "netguy204-roku_media_server-9ee029e" into C:\Roku
6. I've tried running "mymedia.bat", and I get
warning: this server has not completed rendezvous
This is where I get stuck and can't figure out how to connect to my Roku to upload the client information & setup the server. Please help!
Thanks in advance.
If you could add a check for a .srt file that goes with the video file (i.e., same name as the video file but with .srt extension) and then add a 'SubtitleUrl' entry to the XML that's returned for items in video directories it would make my life easier.
I did a search on the thread for support/installation instructions for Ubuntu Server, but have had no luck so far. I am running a headless server with Ubuntu Server 10.10 Lucid. I have some attached storage holding my movies and music, but I can't get the server started. I can't get springboard going for some reason, even though my version of Python is up to date. Without the aid of a GUI, I assume there are .conf files that I can edit to point the server at the correct directories. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you!