Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

Yes, you always need the server running on your PC.

I believe the 'channel' branch has the latest updates. You can get it here.

I have to look at the whole springboard thing again. I just launch 'mymedia.py' directly to start the server (on Windows, .py files are associated with Python, so I can just type "start mymedia.py" or double click it from an Explorer window). The last time I tried springboard.py, it started rss_server.py and not mymedia.py. springboard_debug.bat starts springboard.py which may not be starting the correct server.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Java_Az
Visitor

"GatorDeb" wrote:
There's 70 pages here.... could someone tell me what video formats it accepts? Thanks! 🙂

here you go.
0 Kudos
vhavle
Visitor

Thanks,

I could not find mymedia.py and associated files in any of the server files i tried Avacadodeft2, extremeavacado and alpha3. In which version I can find these files?

Thanks,
Vhavle
0 Kudos
Java_Az
Visitor

"vhavle" wrote:
Thanks,

I could not find mymedia.py and associated files in any of the server files i tried Avacadodeft2, extremeavacado and alpha3. In which version I can find these files?

Thanks,
Vhavle

You have to click the download button above the list there is a tar file and a zip one. Here is a Image with the links circled in yellow

Or Here is a direct link to the zip that has the mymedia.py file https://github.com/netguy204/roku_media_server/zipball/channel
0 Kudos
rickharp
Visitor

What is best thread for media streaming with a nas

Ugh, sorry for being lazy, but there are 70 pages of threads here, and it seems like there are lots of options. Also, since this thread started, there are more up to date hardware and software releases, so I thought i would ask graciously if there was a specific page or subject that guides a newb into how best to setup a NAS and which one [hardware] is most preferred. I did spend some time on the Roksbox site.

Desire to view photos and movies from a nas, and not have to have the pc ON. Music i get from my Grace digital radio. Vista right now, but I seem to read that W7 has some nice advantages to this. Thanks
0 Kudos
renojim

If you can get Python v2.6 setup on your NAS, the rest is easy.

-JT

0 Kudos
rraheja
Visitor

I have an issue with Handbrake HD encoded files not playing. The MKV movie was encoded using RF=22, Web Optimized and 29.97 frame rate. The Roku starts loading it about half way, then slows down the loading and then just stops. The server connection is wired and Roku is on Wireless-N network. I checked the server and it shows the following

DEBUG:root:serving D:\Videos\Movies\Swades HD.m4v
DEBUG:root:server issued range query: bytes=5054945-
DEBUG:root:player issued range request starting at 5054945
DEBUG:root:serving request for D:\Videos\Movies\Swades HD.m4v
DEBUG:root:guessing mimetype of video/mp4 for D:\Videos\Movies\Swades HD.m4v. filesize is 3275493759
DEBUG:root:server issued range query: bytes=33413-
DEBUG:root:player issued range request starting at 33413
DEBUG:root:guessing mimetype of video/mp4 for D:\Videos\Movies\Swades HD.m4v. filesize is 3275493759
DEBUG:root:server issued range query: bytes=2172073-
DEBUG:root:player issued range request starting at 2172073
DEBUG:root:server issued range query: bytes=5087713-
DEBUG:root:player issued range request starting at 5087713
<log file just stops here even after 10 minutes>

This is only happening for the HD 1280x720 files - the other SD videos all play fine. Does MyMedia support these large HD files or is my encoding incorrect?
Thanks
Rajesh
0 Kudos
vhavle
Visitor

Thanks,

Now I could get the correct version of server. But my channel does'nt show MyVideo Folder. MyMusic, MyPhotos etc is fine.

Thanks,
Vhavle
0 Kudos
vhavle
Visitor

"vhavle" wrote:
Thanks,

Now I could get the correct version of server. But my channel does'nt show MyVideo Folder. MyMusic, MyPhotos etc is fine.

Thanks,
Vhavle

Opps, I spelt Video folder wrongly, may be because of this it does'nt show. I try again
0 Kudos
renojim

"rraheja" wrote:
I have an issue with Handbrake HD encoded files not playing. The MKV movie was encoded using RF=22, Web Optimized and 29.97 frame rate. The Roku starts loading it about half way, then slows down the loading and then just stops.

This is only happening for the HD 1280x720 files - the other SD videos all play fine. Does MyMedia support these large HD files or is my encoding incorrect?

I haven't tried any HD file that big. I'm not sure how I'd produce one. Was this a BluRay rip?

-JT

0 Kudos