Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

I think it's your imagination. There's never been any random picture viewing, but it's a good idea! Although if you're speaking of Thanksgiving, it's not going to happen. Smiley LOL I'll see if I can get you a Christmas present. The .m3u8 file support should still be there, but I'll double check. el.wubo and I got our signals a little crossed when he pushed out the last update.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ashes00
Visitor

Okay must have been some good stuff...
If you can get to random pictures that would be really sweet, and something we could all use for our Christmas guests. Thanks again.

-Ashes00
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"renojim" wrote:
I think it's your imagination. There's never been any random picture viewing, but it's a good idea! Although if you're speaking of Thanksgiving, it's not going to happen. Smiley LOL I'll see if I can get you a Christmas present. The .m3u8 file support should still be there, but I'll double check. el.wubo and I got our signals a little crossed when he pushed out the last update.

-JT

Yeah, I just missed it when I was going through updating the server for the private channel. i'll put it back.
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"el.wubo" wrote:

Yeah, I just missed it when I was going through updating the server for the private channel. i'll put it back.

MyStreams is back in. You can grab the new server here. Just unzip it over your old one and restart.
https://github.com/netguy204/roku_media ... ll/channel
0 Kudos
ashes00
Visitor

el.wubu - Thanks I downloaded the new version. I will give it a try. Thanks for joining in again on the fun.

-Ashes00
0 Kudos
ashes00
Visitor

Thanks for the "streams". Is it possible to use the playlist .m3u8 for picture files or just audio files?

-Ashes00
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

.m3u8 files are for HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) videos.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
emitch
Visitor

Sorry if this is asked and solved before, but couldn't find it (I'm a newbie here). My Media and Python has just been loaded on my Windows 7 PC, but the default server IP address is invalid. Can someone help me to obtain the right address and proceed with step #4, Configure Your Server . . ..
0 Kudos
canaws
Binge Watcher

"emitch" wrote:
Sorry if this is asked and solved before, but couldn't find it (I'm a newbie here). My Media and Python has just been loaded on my Windows 7 PC, but the default server IP address is invalid. Can someone help me to obtain the right address and proceed with step #4, Configure Your Server . . ..

Start the windows command prompt (usually under start>programs>accessories)
type in ipconfig
your ip should be listed after ipv4 address
0 Kudos
emitch
Visitor

I found the IPv4 address, using ipconfig as you suggested. It was a different address than the default, but it also didn't work ("Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage") . . ..
0 Kudos