Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dellsweig
Visitor

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"el.wubo" wrote:
"dellsweig" wrote:

ElWubo

Is there a limit to the number of pictures in any given folder - for some reason not all 91 photos in a folder I am viewing display - either in the thumbnails or in the slideshowl

Also - on a POSITIVE note - if you start some music up, then navigate to your photo dir - the music continues to play during your slideshow. The wife thinks this is just AWSOME

There's not a designed limit. Do you see blanks where the pictures should be or just no item at all?

ElWubo

I guess it was the four days without power, heat or water but it looks like USER error 🙂 🙂

I could not figure out why some folders were right and others were wrong - it seems one of my first tests after I had troubles with mounted drives was to copy my photo folder locally - which worked. I then moved the photo folder directly on my file server and I THOUGHT updated the myMedia config. Well - I updated the config but not the Photo path - I changed the video path. Your program did EXACTLY what it was supposed to!!!

Anyway - this works GREAT!! Your top level Photop folder says Video but that minor comestic stuff

Absoulutly fantastic

Dan
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"myplanet" wrote:
el.wubo, great work. By playing a song in a folder, it will play the whole folder, this is what I was looking for. And good job on the slideshow for pictures.

Thank you. Renojim gets all the credit for the slick slideshow view on the channel side. Big kudos to him.

"myplanet" wrote:

I would like to know when there is a new build ready for testing, specifically the page that shows the early development:
http://github.com/netguy204/roku_media_server/archives/next
Does not show a version number or "last update" date, so I never know if it has been updated.

Hm. You can watch for when the suffix on the zip filename changes but that's kind of kludgy. Perhaps a more human readable version number scheme is in order.
0 Kudos
myplanet
Visitor

"el.wubo" wrote:

Hm. You can watch for when the suffix on the zip filename changes but that's kind of kludgy. Perhaps a more human readable version number scheme is in order.

Thanks el.wubo.
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"myplanet" wrote:
"el.wubo" wrote:

Thanks el.wubo.

I've set up a project page for the main release and the developers preview. The developer's page will include at the top the code name of the current release. The latest release is "PhotoBrowsing1"
0 Kudos
hammerpocket
Visitor

Using PhotoBrowsing1...

Is the mp3 album art display dependent upon PIL? I still haven't gotten PIL to work (on OS X) and I'm not seeing album art in My Media.

Also: The default video folder for Macs is currently ~/Videos but should be ~/Movies.
0 Kudos
myplanet
Visitor

"el.wubo" wrote:

I've set up a project page for the main release and the developers preview. The developer's page will include at the top the code name of the current release. The latest release is "PhotoBrowsing1"

Thanks
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Visitor

"el.wubo" wrote:
"myplanet" wrote:
"el.wubo" wrote:

Thanks el.wubo.

Once again - this is fantastic - I am constantlty using this channel.....

Some feature suggestions to make deploying the server much more novice friendly.

1) for windows users - give an option of installing as a service after configuration is complete
2) for linux/mac users give a boot time startup option
3) add a check for python at the given path and the needed jpg libraries
4) make a seamless GUI based installer/unpacker for the server

Feedback from the wife 🙂

1) print or email option for photos
2) adjustable delays on sldeshow
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
ashes00
Visitor

I am trying something different. I am trying to run My Media from Desktop running Puppy Linux. Has anyone tried this, and do they have any suggestions? I installed the .pet for python2.6, but am trying to see what else to do. I understand the Process on W32 OS + python + roku, but linux is new venture. Any help from linux folks is greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Ashes00
0 Kudos
umbighouse
Visitor

dellsweig-

Some feature suggestions to make deploying the server much more novice friendly.

1) for windows users - give an option of installing as a service after configuration is complete

I posted instrux to run Python as a batch file at startup, which is similar to running it as a service. You could set it up to run as a service, but a little more complicated.

Have you checked out post #2 in this thread? The process is simpler than setting up a service, but if you need to do that, it is possible. Let me know what you think.
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"ashes00" wrote:
I am trying something different. I am trying to run My Media from Desktop running Puppy Linux. Has anyone tried this, and do they have any suggestions? I installed the .pet for python2.6, but am trying to see what else to do. I understand the Process on W32 OS + python + roku, but linux is new venture. Any help from linux folks is greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Ashes00

The readme gives a very terse explanation of how to do it from the terminal. Let me know if you need more detail.
0 Kudos