Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monetize the content using RAF

Hi Everyone,

I am using Roku Ad Framework and I am not having any VAST url's to set the ad server.

I am going to use the default roku filling ads.

So, My question is, if I use the roku provided advertisements means, the roku pay for ads playing in my channel. If is means, what are the procedure and steps.

Please help me on this, So that I can move to my next steps on channel developement.
I am using Roku 4 - 4400X Model.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Monetize the content using RAF

RokuCo won't credit you unless you use an assigned custom ID.
For more, see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=86593
0 Kudos

Hi EnTerr,

Thank you for your reply. I checked that forum and there is no details about custom assigned ID.

My question is, How can I get the custom ID for ads monetization from roku and the steps for that. And How can I use that custom ID in the RAF in development.

So, it would be useful, if I get these steps in detail.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"#RokuAdvertisingFramework-getAds()" wrote:
You can only receive payment for ads shown in your application when the Roku Ad Framework is properly configured with a valid URL assigned by your ad service or by Roku. Please contact advertising@roku.com to discuss monetization options and obtain an ad URL if you wish to use Roku to fill ad inventory in your application. Using the default URL is useful only for development and testing purposes and you will not receive payment for ad impressions from the default URL.
0 Kudos

Thank you EnTerr.
0 Kudos