Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

Minor Issues

Is there anyway to detect if the Roku is actually connected to the wireless network ?

I have started up the Roku and switched through Roku channels, selected, say Netflix and it just sits there. And the box isn't even connected.

There should be some sort of connection status.

Also the springboard, if there is a title but no object, it says "retrieving". Why not say "empty" or don't display anything ?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Minor Issues

You can check the wireless connection by going to Settings->Network.

"Retrieving" is the state of the box trying to contact the servers. If you connect to the server and get an empty list that will be the "empty" state that doesn't display anything.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

Re: Minor Issues

The wireless connection state is not known unless you go to Settings->Network. The point is, that if you click a channel, the box should tell the user that his Roku is not connected. Instead of him going into a channel and then he could wander around for awhile until he tries to access the network and then it just hangs. If the Roku kernel wont tell the user, why not provide a method or state that some brightscript code can detect it ?

On the "retrieving" display, I said "springboard", it should have been a PosterScreen. If I set the SetListNames() for the filter banner and then SetContentList() with one of the objects being invalid. The display shows retrieving but there is nothing to retrieve.
0 Kudos