Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrLlama
Channel Surfer

MiniUPnP BSD 3-Clause License

I've noticed that the responses from the Roku External Control Protocol include that the server is running "Roku UPnP/1.0 MiniUPnPd/1.4".  However, looking through the Separately Licensed Code, I'm not seeing the license or source codes for MiniUPnP despite it being licensed under the BSD 3-Clause license.

Would you kindly let me know when this has been remedied?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: MiniUPnP BSD 3-Clause License

Roku OS does not use MiniUPnP open source library, and never has, to the best of my verification.

The nominal version numbers on the External Control HTTP response header is just a bit of fixed text.

I suspect that label was either blindly copying what someone observed from network snooping, back in ancient days, or it might have been used for compatibility with some particular 3rd party (again in ancient days).

I'll file a ticket to have that removed.

If you have additional questions about the open source compliance, https://www.roku.com/separatelylicensedcode lists a contact email as well.

0 Kudos