Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btpoole
Level 7

Markupgrid color

Is there a way to set the color of a markupgrid. I have my screen set with a black backgroud, the grid cells themself are not visible only the data in each cell. Would like the cells to be a gray color but have not been able to figure it out.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
joetesta
Level 10

Re: Markupgrid color

you could perhaps just create a child rectangle of the same dimensions as the parent cell, and give that child rectangle the color required?
aspiring
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Level 8

The drawing of the cells is concern of the cells themselves and not of MarkupGrid, right?
I.e. the "MarkupGrid XML Component" that's named in MarkupGrid.itemComponentName - and then it takes care of rendering its content.
If you just put text label there, only text will be drawn. If add a bounding box, box will be drawn and so on...
(i am speaking by merely having had a glance at TFM, so correct me if wrong)
0 Kudos
btpoole
Level 7

I believe you are correct. I think the solution is to create a rectangle, at least that what I have done, set color of rectangle and size to match the cell size. Really wish there was a setting for background color that could be set like widths, heights etc.
Thanks for the input
0 Kudos