Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbmedia

Single Playback Only Failed Playback on Second Video

My app works correctly on the new boxes like the Roku 3 or any of the Roku Sticks; however, when I load it on an older Roku HD I have a bizzare issue.

The app will load and I select a video to play.  It will load and play that video fine; however, once I go back, I cannot load another video.  I can exit the app, reload it, and still cannot play another video.  I can only play another video after the Roku as been rebooted.

This issue only appears on the Roku HD and not on the Roku Stick or Roku 3.  Am I missing something?

Any ideas on this?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: Single Playback Only Failed Playback on Second Video

What information are you seeing being reported by the video player events?
0 Kudos
hbmedia

Thanks for the reply.

Whenever I stop playing the initial video (whatever I play first) I can select a second video and it will start to load, get to about 30% and stop and go back to my selections menu. It only does this on older Roku boxes like my Roku HD. On a Roku Stick, it will play the second and subsequent files fine.

Everything is MP4 as well.
0 Kudos
hbmedia

Anyone have any ideas?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

follow @belltown's recommendation - make your app dump to console all video events (roVideoPlayerEvent, roVideoScreenEvent, ... whatever appropriate) and that should give you idea what's going on
0 Kudos
hbmedia

"EnTerr" wrote:
follow @belltown's recommendation - make your app dump to console all video events (roVideoPlayerEvent, roVideoScreenEvent, ... whatever appropriate) and that should give you idea what's going on

I'm not sure I follow.  Can you give me an example, please?
0 Kudos