Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btpoole
Channel Surfer

Markupgrid color

Is there a way to set the color of a markupgrid. I have my screen set with a black backgroud, the grid cells themself are not visible only the data in each cell. Would like the cells to be a gray color but have not been able to figure it out.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Markupgrid color

you could perhaps just create a child rectangle of the same dimensions as the parent cell, and give that child rectangle the color required?
aspiring
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

The drawing of the cells is concern of the cells themselves and not of MarkupGrid, right?
I.e. the "MarkupGrid XML Component" that's named in MarkupGrid.itemComponentName - and then it takes care of rendering its content.
If you just put text label there, only text will be drawn. If add a bounding box, box will be drawn and so on...
(i am speaking by merely having had a glance at TFM, so correct me if wrong)
0 Kudos
btpoole
Channel Surfer

I believe you are correct. I think the solution is to create a rectangle, at least that what I have done, set color of rectangle and size to match the cell size. Really wish there was a setting for background color that could be set like widths, heights etc.
Thanks for the input
0 Kudos