Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fastmarker
Visitor

Long silence From Roku Approval Team

Attention: TaylorH, RokuDouglas, RokuTom, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen, RokuJoel, RokuChris

I am appalled by Roku's approval team silence towards my submission.

I developed a Live streaming channel for a client and submitted it to Roku's team for approval sometime in early November 2012. About 2 weeks later or so, i received an email from Joel Braverman acknowledging receipt of the submission and attached an excel file (name Channel_Checklist_v_1_3) as a checklist for me to revise. His email also contained a "Channel information questionnaire" which we diligently filled (again) and returned to him immediately.

We waited till January 2013, and frantically wanting to know the position of things, i sent an email to them asking about the status of my submission. Surprisingly, up till the time of this post, neither has my email been answered nor my submission approved or rejected.

I am at the verge of loosing this client since we 've not been able to fulfill our obligation of getting his station on the network. We do develop for Samsung smart tv and others too, but have not experienced this length of delay and nonchalance.

Could somebody please take a look at my case and help, where possible???
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Long silence From Roku Approval Team

Hi, what is the name of your channel?

- Joel
0 Kudos
fastmarker
Visitor

It's called JascomTV

Thanks
0 Kudos
fastmarker
Visitor

After about 2 months of making a complaint here and being asked the name of the channel (which i supplied immediately) nothing has been done about my issue.

Is this the normal practice here at ROKU????????
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Actually, in your case, as I said in an email to you on 02/25, this has to do with approval by Dishworld.

- Joel
0 Kudos
fastmarker
Visitor

Sorry, i haven't got no email from you. The last communication i had with you was when you requested for the station name.
0 Kudos