Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andysmith1965
Streaming Star

Live Stream Rewind Not working

HI

I'm trying to rewind a live HLS feed. Only selecting the Left key, I pause the video and set the seek parameter to the current video position - 10 seconds (for example). On pressing play, the video continues where it left off.

Am I doing something wrong? This approach works for vod feeds.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kasiris
Channel Surfer

Re: Live Stream Rewind Not working

Which example are you using? I can try to recreate your problem 

@andysmith1965 wrote:

HI

I'm trying to rewind a live HLS feed. Only selecting the Left key, I pause the video and set the seek parameter to the current video position - 10 seconds (for example). On pressing play, the video continues where it left off.

Am I doing something wrong? This approach works for vod feeds.

Thanks

0 Kudos
andysmith1965
Streaming Star

Re: Live Stream Rewind Not working

Hi 

Thanks for responding. I'm setting the live url in the content node which is being passed to the video component, the stream plays perfectly. However I would like to know if it is possible to 'rewind' the live stream? Of course a live broadcast keeps coming unlike a vod stream when you are getting your own private stream.

I have set the seek param but on resume, the steam does not take any notice of this.

0 Kudos