Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lallen30

JSON feed updates not displaying on live Roku Channel

I have started working on a Roku channel that was created by a developer that is no longer with our company. We have a web app for uploading videos. It also changes the JSON file for the feed URL. https://clayton-fob-interface.s3.amazonaws.com/FileUpload.json

I made changes on Friday afternoon the changes are showing correctly on when I click preview on our Roku account. On my home Roku TV I searched and installed the app, but the changes are not displaying I have tried to update the channel as well as uninstall and reinstall the channel restarting the tv with each change, but the changes do not display. I read that changes may take 6 hours but it's been 2 days now and it is still showing content from the old JSON file.

This is the first time I have ever worked on a Roku channel/app so I'm sure I am missing something.

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: JSON feed updates not displaying on live Roku Channel

You've got some potential errors in your feed file:

2022-02-07 09:36:31.7311 ERROR 'lastUpdated' field is incorrectly formatted.  Assigning today's date.
2022-02-07 09:36:31.7311 ERROR '00001' contains an incorrectly formatted 'dateAdded'.  Setting date to today's date.
2022-02-07 09:36:31.7311 ERROR '00002' contains an incorrectly formatted 'dateAdded'.  Setting date to today's date.

Per the DP JSON Spec, 'dateAdded' is:

The date the video was added to the library in the ISO 8601 format: {YYYY}-{MM}-{DD}T{hh}:{mm}:{ss}+{TZ}. For example, 2020-11-11T22:21:37+00:00.

For example, your file contains...

2022-02-05T18:12:32.125Z

I suggest you correct your date fields and resubmit your feed file.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos