Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandon_Health
Channel Surfer

JSON Loop A Video/Movie

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a function within JSON to loop videos and or movies? (Video restarts after ending).

I am currently using a simple JSON code file with a category and a few videos under it.

Thank you in advanced.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: JSON Loop A Video/Movie

What is the context of your question?  Are you building a channel with the SDK or Direct Publisher?  Either way, JSON is a data exchange format.  It does not provide executable code.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
Brandon_Health
Channel Surfer

Re: JSON Loop A Video/Movie

"Either way, JSON is a data exchange format.  It does not provide executable code."

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was looking for.

I'm using a Direct Publisher using JSON. I remember I used an alternative format from a website called instanttvchannel for Roku a while back. I was able to get videos and or movies to loop using that. I would assume this type used SDK and SDK allows functions like Looping videos?

0 Kudos