Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesustillero
Reel Rookie

Developer mode error

I have an error with roku developer mode.

I put the key´s combination with the control, but it doesnt do anything

I reseted the device and the firts time, it tooks the key´s combination and i set up the password and rebooted the device, but after rebooting, i can´t access to developer mode as previuos. I tried to login with the url and the credentials but nothing happens

Could be possible that my roku developer mode has been blocked from roku?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Developer mode error

If you downloaded a package from some provider trying to skirt Roku's Terms of Service and sideloaded it, then yes, Developer Mode could be blocked.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jesustillero
Reel Rookie

Ah ok. Thanks for the answer.

Is there any way to unlock it?

Or only from roku support team?

Thanks

0 Kudos
donfaco
Channel Surfer

Same here. Dev mode not available. Just want to try and learn. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If you did something naughty in the past your only recourse is probably to buy a new Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/Dev-mode-is-not-working/m-p/508239/highlight/tr...

This question has been answered before. Officially Roku will not answer you. You have tried to implicate their device in piracy. They have stopped you. You have come here for an answer. You have an answer.

Any other questions?

0 Kudos
donfaco
Channel Surfer

I have no question @speechles , I have some comments. Buy a life. If you are not coming to bring help, stay quiet. Why? Official Roku has answer my emails. More? The device is mine, not their device. So ... No , no more questions. As I've said before, stay quiet and buy a life jajaja.

0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

Listen jag off, if you steal and get caught stop crying about it. Get a life. Stop stealing. Move on. Find another platform to steal from. Get it?

ie. There is no help for thieves. Stop piggy backing on thread of other people like you own them. You do not. It is not your device. Read the TOS and see why firmware updates MUST happen. You are buying a right to use the Roku device when you buy your Roku device. At any time that right can be revoked.

We reserve the right (at any time) to modify, suspend, or remove certain features, functionality, or content from your Roku account or your Roku product(s).

0 Kudos
donfaco
Channel Surfer

Bla bla bla bla .... Bla bla bla... XD

donfaco
Channel Surfer

Who is the one crying? XD ... Really... Spend your time in something productive xD... In other words... Make things and stop losing time in front ofa screen. Byeeeeee