Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brybott
Visitor

Issues with png in roGridScreen on 3.1 devices

I'm having an issue displaying .png images on my grid screen on legacy devices running version 3.1 firmware. Everything works dandy if the player is set to SD. But if the player is set to HD mode, the images will not appear. Anyone ever encountered this before?

Unfortunately I'm not able to convert all of our images to .jpg. And I realize Roku probably doesn't want to put any effort to support issues on legacy devices.

Any advice?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Issues with png in roGridScreen on 3.1 devices

I don't recall ever seeing a blank issue with PNGs on the grid screen, but I know transparency on PNGs isn't handled well on the grid screen. That aside, have you tried changing the display mode to see if a different value there helps at all?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
brybott
Visitor

Thanks for the reply Endless.

I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately none of the available display modes fixed the issue.
The PNGs don't have transparency, so that's not an issue.

*scratches head*
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"brybott" wrote:
The PNGs don't have transparency, so that's not an issue.

*scratches head*

No other embedded metadata in the PNG?
I have seen embedded color profiles trip other SDKs.
0 Kudos