Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Animoun
Reel Rookie

Issue with Screensaver: "Channel type is channel"

Jump to solution

Heya, so I'm rather new to all the Roku development (only been messing with it for a few days) and I wanted to create a screensaver based on the classic Minecraft panoramics. I completed my project and got to a point where I was happy with it while messing around with it. I decided it would be cool to later get rid of all of the copyrighted assets and publish it on the Roku store, but I ran into issues during the Static Analysis.

I keep getting messages regarding that channels are prohibited from offering in-channel screensavers, ("Channels are prohibited from offering in-channel screensavers or any feature that overrides the Roku system screensaver.") and how the channel type is apparently channel and requires Main() or RunUserInterface() even though it's not allowed for screensavers?

I'm confused as to if I've uploaded this correctly. I put classification on the properties tab as App/Utility and set descriptive catagory on the channel store info tab on Screeensavers. Is there something wrong with the way I've uploaded it or is there possibly something wrong within the manifest or code that's incorrect.

Here's the GitHub repo if that's any help: https://github.com/Animoun/VoxelPanoramicScreensaver

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Issue with Screensaver: "Channel type is channel"

Jump to solution

Your manifest is all wrong.  Check out the "Required screensaver attributes" here:

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/getting-started/architecture/channel-manifest.md

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Your manifest is all wrong.  Check out the "Required screensaver attributes" here:

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/getting-started/architecture/channel-manifest.md

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Animoun
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep you were right, thanks dude! Greatly appreciate it!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm trying to develop a screensaver app as well but feel lost because everything has to do with video and audio. Any pointers or tips? 

0 Kudos