Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljprevo
Binge Watcher

Is this forum dead?

I get the feeling that this forum is dead.

I would hope that they get rolling on this box or I see it dying a painful death. This I see it lacking. FLV support and live streaming.

Is there any word anywhere if they are planning on adding FLV support, or does anyone know how to unofficially add it to the roku box. I had a big client snagged on this, but the fact that all their vids are FLV (in the right format) have to be converted, they are now put off by it.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: Is this forum dead?

The forum's not dead at all. Live streaming support, in the form of HTTP Live Streaming will be here very soon. FLV (the container) isn't currently supported. Drop me a note if you want to discuss things further.

Patrick
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

Nope, undead. Oh, hmm. Maybe that's not what you meant 😉

I've been busy trying to get my code and presentation ready for Linux Fest Northwest next weekend.
0 Kudos
bbefilms
Visitor

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
The forum's not dead at all. Live streaming support, in the form of HTTP Live Streaming will be here very soon.

The forum has been kinda quiet, but that presumably means things are ticking along OK in the background. The upcoming live streaming capability is awesome; can't wait until that comes online.

Greg
0 Kudos
ljprevo
Binge Watcher

I knew this would wake a few people up.

As for the live steaming, I have read post back a 1/2 a year saying it is coming soon, yet we are still waiting. The FLV "container" I have seen "We don't support that" Is it don't work at all on the box, or it WILL work, however it is NOT supported. If that is the case I would love to know someone who is working on it, or has a way to get it to work, or when will RoKu support it, or are they working on support for it.
lV
I would love live windows media, but can live without that, would prefer the FLV support.
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Roku Guru

"ljprevo" wrote:
I knew this would wake a few people up.

As for the live steaming, I have read post back a 1/2 a year saying it is coming soon, yet we are still waiting.

I'm no expert but I believe some of that was due to http live streaming itself, not just Roku. "Soon" is also a relative term. I

The FLV "container" I have seen "We don't support that" Is it don't work at all on the box, or it WILL work, however it is NOT supported. If that is the case I would love to know someone who is working on it, or has a way to get it to work, or when will RoKu support it, or are they working on support for it.

I believe someone said that the Roku will currently play h.264 in .flv containers, but I'm not sure. Why don't you take up RokuPatrick on his offer and email him. He is the Roku Developer Program Manager.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

"ljprevo" wrote:

As for the live steaming, I have read post back a 1/2 a year saying it is coming soon, yet we are still waiting.

The first statement that Roku would support HTTP Live Streaming was made on this forum by RokuKevin on 13 Jan 2010.

--Mark
0 Kudos