Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddyszel320
Reel Rookie

Is Certification testing dead?

Jump to solution

Since Saturday, Feb. 14, 2021 I've been trying to get my channel through certification testing, but I keep getting a screen that says there is an internal error, try back later. This has been going on for 4 days. I anyone else getting through testing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Is Certification testing dead?

Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting this issue, and our apologies for the impact this has had on your channel publishing timeline.

The automated certification testing service is still functional. Unfortunately, our error messages in some instances are vague or inaccurate, which is what you've been encountering. We are working on updating the service to include error messages that are both more accurate and more useful.

In the meantime, please do contact our Partner Success team via this web contact form. They can offer more detailed insight into the specific error in your channel.

Thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
thomasferraro
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am getting error in Static Analysis since about then too:

"We are experiencing problems contacting the service. Please try submitting your changes again or refreshing your web browser."

Would be nice to hear from someone who knows whether it's something I am doing, or the system really has been down for two weeks. Thanks

0 Kudos
ddyszel320
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did hear back from Roku. There was a glitch with the active certification process, but they have resolved it.

@thomasferraro wrote:

I am getting error in Static Analysis since about then too:

"We are experiencing problems contacting the service. Please try submitting your changes again or refreshing your web browser."

Would be nice to hear from someone who knows whether it's something I am doing, or the system really has been down for two weeks. Thanks

0 Kudos
thomasferraro
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm still getting same error on Static Analysis

0 Kudos
ddyszel320
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I would suggest letting Ro

@thomasferraro wrote:

I'm still getting same error on Static Analysis

ku know about the problem.  

This is where I sent my problem:   partnersuccess@roku.com

0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting this issue, and our apologies for the impact this has had on your channel publishing timeline.

The automated certification testing service is still functional. Unfortunately, our error messages in some instances are vague or inaccurate, which is what you've been encountering. We are working on updating the service to include error messages that are both more accurate and more useful.

In the meantime, please do contact our Partner Success team via this web contact form. They can offer more detailed insight into the specific error in your channel.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos
HollogramTV
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Greetings. Unfortunately, the forced use of your Certification Testing is the perfect example of the phrase "fix what ain't broke". I too have had the same problems that many users have been having, but the problem is that we have been complaining about it on Partner Success which is the only avenue of contact we have and they have given us no response.

In the worst case, and I speak in my personal experience, I have been blocked from that option.

Unfortunately you have started to ask us for more things than usual, things that end up being unnecessary, considering that the tests are already done at the time of sending the channel version.

My constructive criticism: stop fixing what is not broken and instead give us developers options that really work for us. For example, organize the channels we have developed in folders. That would be an option that would add value to the development platform.

And well, that would be it. Greetings.

Hollogram Television - Providing Information about Roku and OTT platforms in Spanish and services to independent TV channels.
Our website - https://www.hollogramtv.com/
0 Kudos