Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinehead
Visitor

Insuffieient storage only for one channel

I just got done developing an update to my private channel. The channel works great on the dev box. However, when i add it to my channels and i try to go to the channel the error message "insufficient storage "
comes up. I've removed all of my channels and did a factory reset and i'm still getting this error.

What might cause this ? Is their something in my app that could be causing it? My package is 60.4kb.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Insuffieient storage only for one channel

Try doing a factory reset and creating a new Roku account. Then link your box to the new account.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
pinehead
Visitor

I did, still says the same thing. Seems to be channel related. What in developer code could cause this?
0 Kudos
renojim

That's very strange. I can't imagine how a 60kB channel could cause an insufficient storage error. Maybe there's something strange with the zip/pkg. How about trying to change something or add an extra dummy file to see if changing the package has an effect? This might take someone from Roku to figure out. If you'd like me to try to add the channel to see if the same thing happens, you can post the channel code or PM it to me.

-JT

0 Kudos
sbloom85
Visitor

I'm having a problem with this myself. Is it a problem with the packaging process, the player itself or what?
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

What's the size of the content before zipping? You could be inadvertently zip-bombing the box...
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

pinehead,

If you PM me your channel code, I'll take a look at it. This should not be happening...

--Kevin
0 Kudos
sbloom85
Visitor

"kbenson" wrote:
What's the size of the content before zipping? You could be inadvertently zip-bombing the box...

Sorry to get back so late. The size of the content is 160KB, with 153 of it being in images.
Here's a link to the archive in question
0 Kudos
renojim

You don't have a manifest. Try adding one (add the root of your zip) and it should work.

-JT

0 Kudos
sbloom85
Visitor

Do all of the items in the manifest file have to be on a single line, or can I put the items on separate lines?
0 Kudos