Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claudioc
Visitor

Install Failure: Unzip failed. Invalid or corrupt zip

hey there guys, i have already fully developed my app, and it was make into a pkg, and my beta testers have had no problems using it our security system is in place for the app itself, everything worked fine. now suddenly every single one of the beta testers noticed the channel removed itself from the developer memory without them touching anything, and now were unable to upload it back to the roku in developer mode to test it:

Install Failure: Unzip failed. Invalid or corrupt zip archive.

this is the error i get, and mind you this SAME pkg worked absolutely fine, the same contents in .zip form work perfectly fine.. so im at a loss here as to what im supposed to do, i ran GenKey process again on telnet and updated the key to see if that was the issue, and it wasnt. so Roku System Devs i would appreciate some insight on the problem here because its delaying our deployment.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Install Failure: Unzip failed. Invalid or corrupt zip

Can you try zipping it again and uploading it to your box? Perhaps some data on your hard drive is corrupted?

- Joel
0 Kudos
claudioc
Visitor

i can try that joel, but the bottom line is, the package disapeared from our beta testers developer mode enabled roku 2 xs machines, and there was no rhyme or reason for it doing that, and this pkg worked fine for everyone, then randomly all of them told me hey its no longer on the roku, i have no idea why this occured, now im noticing when i send the zip over and try and make a pkg, it refuses to let me do it. so something is wrong here. it felt like a push to remove the channel from the developer memory some how, because like i said it happend on all of those beta tester rokus and mine as well where i initially developed it. and like i said now the same working pkg is saying corrupt suddenly for all of us, after it suddenly disappeared from our rokus menu.

** i want to reiterate here, the zip i send over installs FINE, the issue i get is when i sign my pkg with my developer key. save that, and try and reload the .pkg on my device or the other beta testers for my project, it fires back with corrupt zip which doesnt make sense why would it install fine in zip format, then correctly make the pkg, but then the pkg doesnt work? **
0 Kudos
claudioc
Visitor

i can confirm, even with a manual .zip with images folder source folder and manifest in root of the zip. and the install from zip being perfectly fine, then upon creating pkg with my developer key, and i delete the zip installed version, then install my newly signed pkg, that pkg throws the invalid or corrupt zip, so im going with invalid now.. did my developer id get blacklisted some how ? i mean what else could be causing it to not work on every single device and for the channel to just disappear from the memory.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Are you trying to sideload a signed package? That is not supported. You can sideload a zip file, or you can upload a signed package to the Channel Store, but not vice versa in either case.

--Mark
0 Kudos
claudioc
Visitor

oki well no disrespect it was working for well over a month here, now it suddenly stopped working, but fair enough. thanks for clearifying.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

The new firmware updates prevent that from working now so people can't sideload a signed package and use the brightscript debugger to examine all the lines of code in the signed package. You should be able to get the zip file of the source code to side load if you need it, from the person/people/source that created it.
0 Kudos
kvaibhav39
Channel Surfer

Hello Roku Developers,
I m also facing same issue while installing download file from beta published section in  my dashboard "my channel" section
Please help me to fix my issue

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@kvaibhav39, you can't sideload the package you download.  I'm not sure what you can do with it other than use it to rekey your Roku device (assuming you know the password).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kvaibhav39
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the reply
I m trying to install zip on my roku device after publishing it on beta version of roku but after rekeying it i am not able to install it on my roku device due to this unzip failed issue

0 Kudos