Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teknokrat
Visitor

I get "no dev key" error msg when i try to upload packages

Hello,
since I bought my roku box I have been using http://www.instanttvchannel.com to create my packages. It's a very good service with only one problem : if you are not using the paid subscription, the instanttvchannel logo flashups anytime someone accesses your channel. Since I am not financially ready for the paid subscription, I decided to go back to square one and design, package and upload my channel from scratch. That's when I found out that there is something called dev key I was supposed to generate using telnet when I first started using the box as a developper (which I didn't do in the first place). I activated telnet in my windows 7, followed the instructions found on that page (http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ ... Publishing) to remedy the situation. Unfortunately no matter what I do, telnet won't connect my computer to the ip address I type. And I don't think I am making a syntax error. I type the command exactly the way I am instructed to do: " telnet + my roku ip address + 8080 ". It's just not working. Any appropriate idea to help me solve this problem will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: I get "no dev key" error msg when i try to upload packag

What exactly happens when you try to connect?

--Mark
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Maybe you are doing this already, but there are spaces in-between not +. As in

"From a computer, run your telnet application, using the IP address found in step 1 and port number 8080. For example, if the IP address were 192.168.1.45, you would type:
telnet 192.168.1.45 8080"
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Make sure you have enabled Developer Mode on your device. Once enabled, you can browse to your device's ip in a web browser. If that doesn't work after enabling, try rebooting the device by unplugging it and plugging it back in.

- Joel
0 Kudos