Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
betterfilms
Visitor

I added a private channel, now what?

Hello, so I started my private channel and have no idea what to do next? Am I supposed to go find a website and build my channel and create some kind of file to submit to Roku so they can approve it? How does this work? Is there a way I can build it myself where even a dummy can do it? I have seen several websites and freelancers and they are all sharks charging an arm and a leg for the service. Am I supposed to upload everything to the cloud like Amazon cloud services or are there easier ways? Thank you
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

Re: I added a private channel, now what?

Private channels don't require Roku approval, only public channels do. On the broader topic of how to get started, etc. it sounds like you could use some time with the developer guide http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Developer+Guide and the rest of the Roku SDK documentation: sdkdocs.roku.com. Also, there are a number of tutorials for various Roku channel development topics on the developer blog: blog.roku.com/developer. There are articles on everything from basic getting started programming, to using the SDK screen templates to in-app purchase, building video players, and 2D API programming.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: I added a private channel, now what?

That said, private channel do have to abide by the terms of the developer agreement.
0 Kudos