Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svb780
Reel Rookie

How to reattempt Certification Testing?

I ran Certification Testing on my Roku channel recently and encountered a couple of errors. I believe these errors should now be fixed, but I can't seem to run the test again.

The "Run Certification Testing" button is greyed out, and so is the "Re-Upload" button (though I'm not sure if I need that one).

I had this same problem before and eventually I was able to run the test again, though I had waited at least a week or two before I tried it again.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to reattempt Certification Testing?

I'm not real clear on what you're seeing, but start at the beginning with "Manage Channels" and then go to "Preview and Update" for the channel in question.  Choose "Package Upload" under "Preview and Publish".  I've never tried to upload a new package from within static analysis.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
svb780
Reel Rookie

I have already uploaded a package successfully, and it looks like I can still do this from the page you mentioned. The problem is on the Certification Testing page, I want to run the test again but I can't since the button is disabled.

I mentioned that the Re-Upload button on this page is disabled as well, though I don't think I actually need that. I should be able to re-upload from the Package Upload page if needed.

I have completed Static Analysis without any errors, the only remaining steps in the publishing checklist are Monetization (just need to figure out the tax form stuff) and Certification Testing.

0 Kudos
renojim

It's been a while since I've gone through the process, so it's probably changed.  I don't remember going through "Certification Testing", but just upload the same package again and see if it's enabled.

svb780
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion, I re-uploaded the same package and the option to run certification testing is enabled again.

I'm now getting this error when I try to run it though:

Status:ERROR(Cannot process test run. Please try again later.)

Internal service error

0 Kudos
renojim

I wonder if they're having issues right now.  There are people saying they can't change things in their Roku accounts for the past day or so.  Give it a little time and try again.

0 Kudos