Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technologx
Visitor

Re: How to create a pkg without using the Roku?

Yea I seen what you sad in the chat, I tried doing the archiving just the files within the directory and tried uploading it to my TV but I ran into a couple errors in 2 of my xml files which I'm not sure how to fix.
Technologx - Where we make things happen!
https://technologx.com
0 Kudos
Technologx
Visitor

@EnTerr You can chat with me here: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=97052
Technologx - Where we make things happen!
https://technologx.com
0 Kudos
Green_Hornet
Channel Surfer

Not trying to Hi-Jack, but do you have a batch script for deploying using a windows compatible batch file?

For some reason, eclipse will not load the project into the Roku.
When I manually do it from the browser, it uploads but I can't create a package as it keeps asking for a password.
The password (authenticates to create a new key) for eclipse,  but when i try to load it in eclipse it never closes, eclipse hangs and never closes.

When i try to upload it via web page, it uploads and i can view channel correctly side loaded, but can't generate a package as it asks for a password and the
one i use (that authenticates in elipse) does not work.

I am thinking a batch script might resolve this.

0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Green_Hornet" wrote:
Not trying to Hi-Jack, but do you have a batch script for deploying using a windows compatible batch file?

I haven't deployed to Roku from Windows in a few years but i suppose i can whip you a script. 8-)
What have you got there? I mean that machine, is there curl? bash, perhaps from git? If so, perhaps can run the bash scriptlet from Mac.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"Green_Hornet" wrote:
For some reason, eclipse will not load the project into the Roku.
When I manually do it from the browser, it uploads but I can't create a package as it keeps asking for a password.
The password (authenticates to create a new key) for eclipse,  but when i try to load it in eclipse it never closes, eclipse hangs and never closes.

When i try to upload it via web page, it uploads and i can view channel correctly side loaded, but can't generate a package as it asks for a password and the
one i use (that authenticates in elipse) does not work.

There's two completely different passwords going on here.  Are you taking that into account?  I've never used Eclipse, so I don't know how it differentiates between them, but there's one password that you create on-screen and enter when you connect a browser to your Roku (or use curl or something similar to side-load a package) and a completely different password that you use to create a package that was generated with genkey on the box and looks something like 0B23GTS6GvlFP-D5F5ziZw==.  Eclipse probably hides all the gory details, but they're not interchangeable.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NigelBach

squirreltown - RIGHT ANSWER

0 Kudos