Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technologx
Level 7

Re: How to create a pkg without using the Roku?

Yea I seen what you sad in the chat, I tried doing the archiving just the files within the directory and tried uploading it to my TV but I ran into a couple errors in 2 of my xml files which I'm not sure how to fix.
Technologx - Where we make things happen!
https://technologx.com
0 Kudos
Technologx
Level 7

@EnTerr You can chat with me here: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=97052
Technologx - Where we make things happen!
https://technologx.com
0 Kudos
Green_Hornet
Level 7

Not trying to Hi-Jack, but do you have a batch script for deploying using a windows compatible batch file?

For some reason, eclipse will not load the project into the Roku.
When I manually do it from the browser, it uploads but I can't create a package as it keeps asking for a password.
The password (authenticates to create a new key) for eclipse,  but when i try to load it in eclipse it never closes, eclipse hangs and never closes.

When i try to upload it via web page, it uploads and i can view channel correctly side loaded, but can't generate a package as it asks for a password and the
one i use (that authenticates in elipse) does not work.

I am thinking a batch script might resolve this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
EnTerr
Level 9

"Green_Hornet" wrote:
Not trying to Hi-Jack, but do you have a batch script for deploying using a windows compatible batch file?

I haven't deployed to Roku from Windows in a few years but i suppose i can whip you a script. 8-)
What have you got there? I mean that machine, is there curl? bash, perhaps from git? If so, perhaps can run the bash scriptlet from Mac.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 10

"Green_Hornet" wrote:
For some reason, eclipse will not load the project into the Roku.
When I manually do it from the browser, it uploads but I can't create a package as it keeps asking for a password.
The password (authenticates to create a new key) for eclipse,  but when i try to load it in eclipse it never closes, eclipse hangs and never closes.

When i try to upload it via web page, it uploads and i can view channel correctly side loaded, but can't generate a package as it asks for a password and the
one i use (that authenticates in elipse) does not work.

There's two completely different passwords going on here.  Are you taking that into account?  I've never used Eclipse, so I don't know how it differentiates between them, but there's one password that you create on-screen and enter when you connect a browser to your Roku (or use curl or something similar to side-load a package) and a completely different password that you use to create a package that was generated with genkey on the box and looks something like 0B23GTS6GvlFP-D5F5ziZw==.  Eclipse probably hides all the gory details, but they're not interchangeable.

-JT
0 Kudos