Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donnamcafee
Visitor

How do I get listed in the channel store

Hello! I am new to Roku and have finally finished building part of my channel...I would like to submit to be listed in the channel store but do not know how...can you please give me directions on how to get listed? thanks!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: How do I get listed in the channel store

Hi,

you need to package the channel on your device using your developer id - you generate this id by telnet to your roku on port 8080, and typing:

genkey

at the > prompt. When genkey completes, copy the id and save in a file somewhere secure.

Next upload your channel to your device and package the channel using the password you just generated, save the package and then create a Public channel at owner.roku.com, and upload your package to that site, then click submit, we will review you channel, then if all looks OK will test the channel intensively, then publish if no problems found.

Please endeavor to make your channel as professional as possible, check for spelling errors and that your graphics comply with the Artwork Guidlines document in the SDK.

- Joel
0 Kudos
donnamcafee
Visitor

Thanks Joel...I went to owner.roku.com and it only gives me the opportunity to create a private channel....your note says to create a public channel....am i doing something wrong?
0 Kudos
donnamcafee
Visitor

ok...I have found it...now what roku do I choose to have access to all of the boxes? the only options are USB, Roku 3 and two others...
0 Kudos
destruk
Streaming Star

Has it been tested on all those models?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

If you want to be listed on all models, don't choose any models and set the minimum firmware to 3.0 or lower.

- Joel
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.