Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: How can developer test with different regions?

"belltown" wrote:
Yes, len() counts the chars, one by one. So it probably indexes that way too, and maybe does store UTF-8 chars as contiguous bytes internally.

And that is what it does, of course:
BrightScript Debugger> tm.mark(): _ = mid(s, n/2, 1): ? tm.TotalMilliseconds()

BrightScript Debugger> tm.mark(): _ = mid(s2, n/2, 1): ? tm.TotalMilliseconds()

The (-) side: string operations in B/S take O(n) instead of O(1) time. Disturbing realization, never seen that before.
The (+) side: strings have compact representation in memory.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Here's an update:
Well now FR and IE appear to be correct, but GB, which used to be correct, has GetCatalog() returning 'cost' in Euros and the purchase process showing GBP to the user.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
abhishek
Channel Surfer

"RokuJoel" wrote:
You would need to create a separate Roku User using an ip address from the region you are going to test - so you would, at least for the initial setup, need a VPN connection for each region you are targeting. Once an account is setup, devices linked to that account should be associated with that region.

We unfortunately do not have a way to test multiple regions otherwise (short of us manually going in and changing the region associated with an account - not very scaleable).

- Joel

@RokuJoel, Do we have any better option now to test it as there are many changes in the billing flow since that time?
0 Kudos