Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Roku Guru

Help w Rekey

Hello -
I was wondering if there exist or someone could provide step by step instructions for rekey?

the situation: the original development roku is gone. I have my password. I can download my private channel pkg file, and when i go to the Utilities page and choose this file, enter my password and hit rekey, i see the word "success"

I then go to Packager page, enter the same password and a new version number and I see "Failed: Invalid Password."

What am I doing wrong?
Do I need to also sideload the original channel's zip file before clicking rekey? (I did try that but don't know for sure which zip file it is, out of about 6 of them that were created that day, I tried them all and still no luck, Packager gives me "Failed: Invalid Password." no matter what)

Please help?
tyvmi
aspiring
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Help w Rekey

holy mackeral i almost don't believe it. this worked:

let's pretend my password is abcdefghijklmnopqrSTUVW

in the original file, i see this as Password: abcdefghijklmnopqrSTUVW==

and when i entered it on the rekey page, i entered without the trailing "==" to receive the "success" message.

On the packager page i tried including the "==" (despite leaving off on Utilities / Rekey) and it was successful.

maybe i did something dumb? Or maybe this will help someone else in the same boat.

-Joe
aspiring
0 Kudos