Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

Help channel crashing !

Chaneru Rev2 version 2.1.14 crashes when you try and play a video from the USB.
I added code in version 14 to allow for an external IP to a http server. The channel now crashes when you access a video from the USB.
I forgot to defining a flag for USB devices.
The original 14 was submitted and approved Monday. I put in a fix and resubmitted a updated 2.1.14 package on Wednesday.
Now it appears to be stuck in limbo.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Help channel crashing !

Hmm, don't do that. Never use the same number for two different builds. Never, ever. Doesn't matter if it's only a line of code or just updated artwork file - it is distinct from the previous and needs a new revision number. Don't know if that affects Roku''s review process but i know places that will reject such submission on general principle. FWIW, the auto-update mechanism may break if new bundle does not have build number strictly higher than previous.
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

Re: Help channel crashing !

Well, it got updated BUT somehow I / Roku still screwed it up.
I have a private channel and the released version.
I was trying to have the versions the same, except the second digit 2.x.14, where a 0 implied private and a 1 the public.
They are both the same code except the version second digit. That way I can tell where the user's channel is coming from.

I deleted both and reregistered both channels with one of my boxes.
Now they both say 2.0.14 when loaded BUT the description under the channel they both say 2.1.14 ????
I checked the icon app id and they are both different.

At this point I don't care, the bug is fixed ! I'll straighten out the versions next iteration.
0 Kudos