Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbefilms
Visitor

Has anyone successfully used VC-1 codec?

Using 2.5mbps VBR constrained, size 1280x720 (HD), 23.976 fps, WMA 9.2 at 44.1hz and 96kbps; using Microsoft expression coder 3. Is Advanced Profile VC-1 working for anyone else?

[update]
I believe VC-1 HD streaming is currently broken.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
LPLP
Channel Surfer

Re: Has anyone successfully used VC-1 codec?

Hi,
I have pretty much the same settings.. and I have the same issue as well.

I believe Netflix is using VC1 and I am sure it should play.. and I missing anyparticular settings. I've turned on the IsHD flag to true.

Any update on this from Roku?

Regards
LP
LPLP
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

"LPLP" wrote:

I believe Netflix is using VC1 and I am sure it should play..

Correct.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
jbickmore
Visitor

i'm also having problems getting HD VC1 encoded videos to play on our test Roku box. debug output shows "Video request failure: -3 0". at this point i'm not quite sure what the problem is, but we're playing around with various encoding options. at this point all we've gotten the roku to play is SD quality mp4 files... if anybody has gotten VC1 to work i'd be interested to hear what they encoded the files with and what options....
0 Kudos