Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salman23
Visitor

HTTPS problem

Hi,
I am developing a channel.But i have some api calls from my developing engine.Since all calls are HTTPS i am not able to retrieve the response because of the presence of HTTPS instead of HTTP.What is the remedy for this.Is it the certificate problem.If so , should the client provide the certificate?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: HTTPS problem

If you can authenticate to your server via https with a web browser you should be able to do it with a roku:

use ifHTTPAgent:
InitClientCertificates() as Boolean
SetCertificatesFile(path as String) as Boolean
SetCertificatesDepth(depth as Integer) as Void

which is an interface available in roURLTransfer.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"salman23" wrote:
... HTTPS instead of HTTP. What is the remedy for this. Is it the certificate problem. If so, should the client provide the certificate?

Just last week we had discussion like that, see if it helps viewtopic.php?f=34&t=71686&p=448105#p448105
Apparently you have to always manually add certificate chain, due to some space oddity player does not use the default certificate that is already included. Maybe someone will explain why, or maybe they will fix this in future release.
0 Kudos
salman23
Visitor

Thanks a lot for your quick replies @RokuJoel and @EnTerr. Let me have a look at what you guys said.
0 Kudos