Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rynop
Level 7

HLS with valid EIA-608 giving ERROR: Missing or invalid PHY: 'eia608/1'

I have a very simple scren graph app, where I'm playing a HLS video that has inline EIA-608 Closed Captioning.  I have the following code below to tell the video player that the stream contains EIA-608.  However I keep getting the error: ERROR: Missing or invalid PHY: 'eia608/1'

m.Video = m.top.findNode("Video")[/size]
m.videoContent = createObject("roSGNode", "ContentNode")
   m.videoContent.title = selectedItem.title
    m.videoContent.url = selectedItem.url        
    m.videoContent.streamFormat = selectedItem.StreamFormat
    m.videoContent.SubtitleConfig = {
        TrackName : "eia608/1"  'Not sure why this causes error, but its required 
    }        
    m.Video.content = m.videoContent

If I don't set the TrackName index closed captioning does not work.  If I leave code as is, I get the Error in the log but the video still plays and closed captioning still works.
Why am I getting this error? 
Using new quad-core roku stick. newest firmware.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
EnTerr
Level 8

Re: HLS with valid EIA-608 giving ERROR: Missing or invalid PHY: 'eia608/1'

(dupe deleted)
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Level 8

Ha! The diagnostic "ERROR: Missing or invalid PHY: 'eia608/1'" is indicative of it trying to access it as a file name and not finding the "drive" prefix (pkg:, tmp:, etc).

Fortunately, sounds like that diagnostic is only a warning and because of a RSG bug.
I have been campaigning for over a year to replace the misleading "ERROR:" text with "WARNING:"... all to the tune of *crickets chirp*
0 Kudos
rynop
Level 7

So what your saying is I'm doing noting wrong and there is nothing that can be done to prevent/supress that error?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Level 8

"rynop" wrote:
So what your saying is I'm doing noting wrong and there is nothing that can be done to prevent/supress that error?

I don't see wrong on your side. There is something that can be done - the Co may opt to fix the bug on their side that causes the erroneous warning Smiley Happy
0 Kudos