Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MemyselfandI
Channel Surfer

HELP! Search Results FAIL Roku Ultra 4670!

The Roku Plus search results feature is not working as advertised. Whether I type in a search or use voice search for a movie across subscribed channels (example movies I own and should show as Free do not appear as such) the results do not show correctly. The Roku search results show pricing for rentals; not those that are free to me as owned or as a subscriber to that channel such as Prime Video, Vudu, etc. Even movies on Prime Video that are free to me, Roku Ultra search results will state “Requires Subscription.” I repeat, I am a paid subscriber of Prime Video, Apple TV plus, among others! If I go directly to any of the channels, the movies are there for me to see for free. So Roku, this is totally unacceptable. It’s like false advertising of a feature that doesn’t work correctly at all. I am not the only person experiencing this major fault in your search engine capability. What can you do to fix this as soon as possible for customers?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tgyrly

Re: HELP! Search Results FAIL Roku Ultra 4670!

I'm running into same issue. July 2020. I have a purple stick (sorry, specific one I don't know) and when I search an actor/movie to see what platform it might be on, Netflix, Hulu, Disney, all do not appear as options certain titles can be found on. Even exact films I know are currently playing on said platforms. 

0 Kudos