Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Roku Guru

Grid Screen question

is there a way to suppress the "Counter Text"? I tried setting the colors of CounterTextLeft, Separator and CounterTextRight to match the background, but there is still a visible outline and they appear when the boxcover images scroll up past them.
tyvmia,
joe
aspiring
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Grid Screen question

does nobody know the answer, or does a lack of an answer mean it's not possible?
I've reviewed the component reference and there doesn't seem to be any way to suppress it.
tyvmia
aspiring
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

I don't think it's possible
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

OK thank you Chris.
Mostly just curious (hopefully not really going to try this, but), if I wanted to create an alternate to the Grid Screen from the ground up in BrightScript and include it with my channel, is such a thing possible?
so instead of
screen = CreateObject("roGridScreen")

I'd need to somewhere define an object "MYroGridScreen" in order to allow
screen = CreateObject("MYroGridScreen")

update: I'm reading BrightScript 2.0 Reference Manual and I think the answer is "no"; p.20
You can create "intrinsic" objects in BrightScript itself to use in your scripts. However, to be clear, these are not BrightScript Components. There is currently no way to create a BrightScript Component in BrightScript, or to create intrinsic objects that have interfaces (they only contain member functions, properties, or other objects).

can someone pls confirm whether this means "no"?
aspiring
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

You can't extend an existing screen type. The only real option you have is to build your own screen from scratch with roScreen and the other 2D APIs. That's a much larger task.
0 Kudos